Re: [SQL] ' escape

От Herouth Maoz
Тема Re: [SQL] ' escape
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
At 11:27 +0200 on 8/12/98, Jan Wieck wrote:

>     But
>
>     create table ... default 'x\'\'y');
>
>     does. Whenever something around quotes doesn't work, I first
>     try to double them.

Nevertheless, it is a bug. You should double your quotes when they are
inside other quotes. When surrounded by doubled quotes, you have to
quadruple them. Or to escape them and escape the escapes. The following
also works:

testing=> CREATE TABLE test1
testing-> (
testing->    id int,
testing->    name varchar(128) default 'something with \\'' in it'
testing-> );

But it shouldn't, because it is only surrounded by single unescaped quotes.
If this string is used in any other context, it will have a single slash
and a single quote in it. Something is amiss.

Herouth

--
Herouth Maoz, Internet developer.
http://telem.openu.ac.il/~herutma